The Village Francophone Côte d'Azur Monaco brings SXSW to the Riviera
The famous American festival for the Cultural & Creative Industries, South by Southwest, will be live-streamed in an interactive pitch session on March 15 and 16, organised by the #VillageFrancophone Côte d'Azur Monaco.
SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST (SXSW) is an American digital festival combining music, cinema and innovative technologies, which today rivals the popularity of the biggest international tech fairs. A true observer of tech trends, the SXSW is a gathering for all public and private players in search of innovation. For start-ups, it offers a springboard for internationalization in the North American market.
The 2019 edition brought together more than 100,000 people in Austin. The 2021 edition will be digital.
On March 15 & 16, Le Village Francophone will launch its 'phygital' plan for SXSW.
Local start-ups, elected officials, investors and public and private players from the region will join the Austin, Texas-based festival and rest of the world with this unmissable event! Two continents, seven countries, 12 territories, 70 jurors and more than 3,000 decision-makers online every day. It is the largest collective intelligence system implemented by SXSW, with the following program:
Monday, March 15: a French-speaking day 9:30 am - 8:30 pm
- A morning event hosted by the Côte d'Azur on the impact of innovative technologies on the Cultural & Creative Industries (CCI)
- An official opening at 2:00 pm with a close-up on ICC areas of excellence
- A session to decipher trends and breakthrough innovations presented on SXSW
- "Our regions have talent" sessions to showcase the talents and major projects of the areas of excellence in ICC and on the themes of the SXSW (the French Riviera in the spotlight).
- A contest for innovative start-ups on SXSW themes in French
Tuesday, March 16: an English-speaking day 2:00 - 8:30 pm
- An opening with a spotlight on areas of excellence in ICC
- A SuperTrends focus session in honour of the 2021 SXSW - A "Smart territory meet up" session to showcase the talents of areas of excellence in ICC coupled with start-up pitches in English.
A place of choice for the French Riviera - Monaco!
Throughout the Line-Up, the Côte d'Azur - Monaco Francophone Village intends to showcase the excellence of its region in terms of Cultural & Creative Industries. In anticipation of the event, all the players in the sector are motivated.
Where is it held?
A few locations have been chosen to host the 'phygital' sessions, such as Le Village By CA-PCA in Sophia-Antipolis, the incubator Monaco Tech in Monaco, the coworking space, Startway in Nice Thiers and others to come.
More information and the full schedule can be found here!
What is the Village Francophone?
The Village Francophone - Côte d'Azur Monaco is a local chapter of the Village Francophone partnership. An apolitical alliance of entrepreneurs, countries, regions, cities, investors, major groups and media engaged in the creation of corridors of growth and interest between areas. 19 countries, 85 territories and regions of the world, 46 thematic collectives and more than 400 decision-makers and media are involved! More than just a group, it is above all a shared desire and state of mind: to support regions in deploying solutions that are attractive (Tech4Good), sustainable (Tech4Life & Tech4City) and prosperous (Tech4Biz).
The Village Francophone - Côte d'Azur Monaco has the following ambition :
● to connect in a 'phygital' (this is the new buzzword for physical and digital hybrid events) and flexible way the actors and decision-makers of the digital, sustainable and collaborative economy of the Côte d'Azur and Monaco with an international business community. It offers a proactive connection to international events such as CES (the Consumer Electronics Show), SXSW (South by Southwest), Viva Technology, the Hannover Fair, NRF, Smart City... and local events such as the Côte d'Azur CES (the Cannes Entrepreneurship Summit) or Industria (the Region Sud's major industrial meeting place);
● to support (euro)regional and inter